Welcome home

 I have had my house for almost 3 years now. This is the first year, however, that i am really realizing how much work and over hauling it really needs. What i was hoping would be a short and simple task of removing just the bottom bordering tile in one bathroom is now looking to be a really big project. i knew i was in for it when my screwdriver went through the wall when trying to pry the tile off. Sure enough it came off bring some of the sheet-rock with it. I guess its for the best the tiles in the show area are ugly anyway. I also had to seal the window for my bedroom. it turns out the leak was NOT from the 62 year old frame the windows are in its the caulking on the almost 3 year windows that's the problem. i went out to soak up some of the water and wipe of the dirt and most of the caulking wiped off too! i was so mad! There is no pride in workmanship anymore. the faster the better and "as long as it lasts through the 1 year warranty" seem to be the new rules of thumb for companies i hate it. i have it sealed with duct tape right now, once it dries out ill use a more permanent fix.

Comments

Popular Posts